guilin, meaning “forest of sweet osmanthus” is one of the most beautiful cities in china. it's natural beauty and amazing scenic wonders coupled with its proximity to a number of other small yet beautiful towns and villages has made it an extremely popular tourist destination.
and when we say “amazing scenic wonders,” we do not just mean lush mountains and green fields, which are ubiquitous with any tourist destination known for being beautiful. guilin has the kind of natural beauty that you probably won't see in any other part of the world. here are a few examples to give you an idea:
depending on the location of travel, there are a number of options for tourists to get around in guilin.
彩票棋牌一体平台traveling from guilin to another city or town: railway would be your best choice in this case. guilin is extensively supported by a network of railway routes that can prove to be very convenient to travel from one town to another. if you can get your hands on a train schedule, more than half your job is done.
彩票棋牌一体平台traveling within the city: if you'd like to travel within the city in an economical way, buses are your best bet. there are two major bus stations in guilin from where you can board the bus to nearly any location in the city. however, if you don't mind spending a little, the next most popular option for you is a taxi.
if you're looking for something even more luxurious, you might want to consider renting a car with a driver. do not, however, rent a car without a driver unless you have a chinese driving license and are familiar with the way people drive over there.
another great way to get around in the city is biking. a number of tourists do that, and it is probably the most fun way to travel in case you're not planning to cover any large distances.
The Weather of Guilin
temperatures in guilin begin to drop from november and begin to rise after march, after which the monsoon begins. however, the start of october could be considered as the ideal time to visit guilin considering the weather. the tourist season goes from march to november though. once the rainy season has ended, it is time to plan that cruise along the li river. this is also the time when the entire region is at its greenest, which means more natural beauty along the way wherever you go.
Some more things to know about Guilin
- Avoid visiting Guilin during the golden weeks -- October 1 to 7, which is the National Day, and the Spring Festival that takes place sometime during Jan or Feb. During this time, a lot of people move about in China and it gets really hard to find accommodation or book tickets
- Guilin looks unbelievably beautiful after a snowfall. Therefore, if your trip happens to be around the time when it is expected to snow, you might want to stick around and witness it firsthand
- When you visit the Reed Flute Cave, be very sure of your footing as the place gets quite slippery
- If you're planning to charter one or more boats for your trip along the Li River, remember to book 2 days in advance
- Whenever you're out on low-cost shopping in Guilin, beware of pickpockets.